Sunday, September 06, 2009

The end of the playdate

Iris spent the day swimming and playing with a neighbor and old friend from daycare and Montessori school. This gave me three blissful hours on my own this morning. In the afternoon, I told his parents that the two kids could play at my house until my Genius Bar appointment at the Apple Store in Manhattan Beach.

(BTW, Apple Genius Tony rocks.)

When I gave the 5 minute warning to collect their stuff and head to the door, they groaned in unison, "But we were just about to begin our knife fight!"

I stayed perfectly calm. You see, she has several plastic knives in her play kitchen and make-believe box. It's hard to get upset at pastel pink and purple plastic knives. Nevertheless, I declared the playdate over.

Links:
An earlier playdate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.