Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All happy families are alike

Which would make for a really boring blog.

The last few months have been a blur with all three of us coming and going in all different directions for various commitments.  I think my arthritis flare-up was at least partially due to the stress of it all.

I came home late tonight to watch Bad Dad and Iris curled up on the couch together (she, wearing a flannel nightgown I made for her), watching Iron Man 2.

Well, our life is glamorous and dangerous, just like in the movies.  You want proof?

Mama went to Edwards/Dryden out in the Mojave,
 and saw two generations of Global Hawk UAVs,
 and even slipped out of the meeting to buy my little girl a present from the visitor center store,
while Bad Dad risked his life, flying with his experiment in a thunderstorm nearby.

In true super-hero fashion, I registered you for classes at your new school, did your laundry and helped you pack for your trip that week.

Your parents are superheroes in disguise.  Just remember to let us sleep in on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.