Monday, February 11, 2013

Found at our local Goodwill thrift shop

We do NOT live in Texas.

I can guess why the previous owner of this shirt had decided to get rid of it.  I  just wonder why s/he thinks anyone else will want it.

I volunteer three days a week as a math tutor at a nearby middle school.  For the honor of giving my time away, I am required to be fingerprinted and undergo a routine background check (that took 2 weeks), and pay $56 in administrative fees.

Am I crazy for thinking that it should take longer to get a gun than to volunteer at a school?

This T-shirt is definitely NOT in the catalogs that Cabela's ships to California.  But, after seeing this shirt, I've decided to stop shopping at Cabela's.  I'm not sure if I even want to keep my Cabela's Gore-tex suit.  It just makes me feel icky.

3 comments:

  1. "He who has the biggest gun is in control" says ALL we need to know about the gun fanatics. Bullies. People full of fear. My son is a champion sharpshooter. He was heavily recruited by the military; scholarships were offered. He declined everything. "Just because I'm a good shot, that doesn't mean I want to shoot people." Exactly. He's no bully. Cabelas should be ashamed of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your label for this post, "bullshit." That label could just as well be applied to the many excuses gun fanatics use in arguing against gun control.

    ReplyDelete