Saturday, June 09, 2007

Stuff, Sewing and 5S (Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke) Update

We finished installing the shelves into the cabinets and I began installing my stuff. Mark and I also assembled a nice long table under the cabinets. I plan to put a bulletin board on the wall below the cabinets. I also want to make a portable design wall for quilting (and playing with sewing and knitting color combinations.)

The room has north east exposure and faces the street. Here is the view toward the northeast. This is such a vast improvement over the last floor plan. There is actually room to move around the cutting table, even when both leaves are extended. The top picture is a closeup of the Indonesian copper tjaps (for batik) on the east window sill.

This is the north wall. Iris and I discussed putting a windowseat in the northwest corner bump-out. I could store my yarn underneath. We can gaze at our jacaranda tree from that perch. (Iris asked to make it strong enough for both of us at the same time so we can cuddle. I hope she never grows up.)

My knitting, crochet and miscellaneous crafts books reside in the left closed cabinet.

My sewing reference books are in the open shelves above the sewing machines.

Sewing and quilting magazines reside in the right closed cabinet.

Some art and inspiration books.

More inspiration.

The west view shows that more Seiri and Seiton are still needed. ;-)


The South wall has the door and a 9' wide closet with mirrored doors.  It holds the majority of my fabric and yarn collection, but there is spillover in the bins under the sewing table, by the north window, and under my bed. 

Links:
See Deb's bookshelves and studio.
Mardel shows some of her bookshelves.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, it was fun to see your bookshelves, Grace! And that's a great room. The light in there is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.