The cowl shown here on the needles is complete, with ends woven in and wet-blocked.
What do you think about mauve? Matronly? Timeless? The shirt still has the store tags on it, despite languishing in my closet for years. Do I dare wear mauve in public?
Pattern (see copyright stuff at the footer of the page):
- With plain yarn: cast on your desired number of 12 stitch repeats on a long circular needle, placing markers every 12 stitches and stitch counter or other marker at start of round.
- Knit 8-10 rows (4-5 ridges) garter stitch back and forth.
- Place stitches on 2 long circular needles to ensure that there are no twists. Join into the round.
- With fancy yarn, set up pattern (Row 1 of 4 row repeat):
- *k4, centered double decrease, k4, k1 into bar between stitches, k1, slide marker, k1 into bar between stitches*, *repeat between*
- Centered double decrease: slide two stitches together from L to R needles as if to k2tog, k1, slip two slipped stitches over the knitted stitch. This doesn't sound like it will create a row of centered stitches, but it does.
- For larger holes, use a yo instead of the lifted bar increase. For no holes, use a pair of m1R and m1L.
- Row 2: at start of round, k1 into bar between stitches, knit to end of round.
- Row 3: repeat Row 1
- Row 4: repeat Row 2