Friday, July 03, 2015

Light and Line

As I explained in Treehouse 2, I had originally wanted a wider chair rail to avoid a gap between the back of the sofa and the rail.  But, I got talked into one the exact depth of the counter and window sill.  I'm glad I listened to them because the junction and line is so subtle, yet makes a strong design statement.

The bigger picture.
The entire wall in this room has only one small window, facing north.  Yet, the use of light-colored and reflective surfaces along the entire wall gives the illusion of a much more luminous space.

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely. The windows and view are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.