Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Springtime Knitting aka Aspen Leaf Laurel Scarf

It's springtime and the leaves are coming out. I have been knitting leaves in the evening. My first attempt in wire did not seem quite right. I took out a skein of Thick & Quick from the stash and experimented with several leaf shapes. I ripped and tried anew several times. Finally, a pleasing leaf appeared.


Then another one followed, and another one... Pretty soon, we had a whole laurel of leaves. Here they are blocking on the ironing board. The red patch at the top of the image is the Scunci steamer that Annie gave as a hostess gift. Thanks, Annie!


Here is the laurel/scarf in full disco action.


As an extra bonus, I will show the ultra-high-tech weather station ca. April Fools' Day 2006 at Chez Bad Mom.


Even though it was April Fools' Day, I did not doctor the photo or the rain gauge. It really did rain that much in the storms that preceded 4/1/06.

You can view the full Wx data at nearby Sally's House yourself here. There was a little bit more rain at my house than at hers. You know how localized rain bands can be.

keywords: knitting, Iris, meteorology

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23:50

    Hi, the leaf scarf is cool! Care to share the pattern?

    Little_g76@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.