Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Simplicity 1199

After the success of Iris' Simplicity 1199, I made one for myself.

Very oversized.
There's not much to say other than that it is .very. oversized. I made a medium, per my measurements. But, I could have gone down to a size small.
Side panels and neck band cut from thrifted t-shirt.
Construction techniques same as last time.  Again, a thrifted t-shirt yielded the rib-knit neckband and fabric for the side panels.  I used a soft jersey bought by the pound from SAS Fabrics.
Love that graphic design on the side back panel.
When will the weather warm up so I can wear this top?
Tops on pattern envelope do not look extremely oversized.

2 comments:

  1. These fabrics work well together. Thanks for using that pattern. It's got some good detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am looking forward to trying this pattern out this summer since I like those lines. Clever use of your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.