Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The view from my window

I was looking out the window while waiting for the copier to warm up so I could scan a document.  Look at the brilliancy of that rainbow!  I ran to my office to grab my phone/camera.

From the copier room window.
While I was in my office, I looked out the window and noticed the double rainbow.

Double rainbow looking southeast from my office in Boulder.

I suspected the best view would be in my neighbor's office. It's too bad he is at JPL this week so he couldn't enjoy the view in person. I'll have to send him the photo.
My neighbor's window.
Your eyes do not deceive you. That is a large crack in the glass.
Corner offices have great views, but are also subject to some 'ripping' winds that rattle the windows, sometimes cracking them.

My much smaller window is recessed into an updraft 'wind chimney' so it is less prone to shaking and cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.