Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Making Progress


Making the yoke of the sweater was fiddly, but never boring. Making the body of the sweater is simple, but boring. SNORE. The body is 6" long and I am done decreasing for the waist shaping. Another 1.5" and I can start increasing. I intend to shorten the sweater and shape for the armholes at 14". At least it is good movie watching knitting.

I found this note from Iris at the bottom of the staircase. I think that she dropped that note from upstairs to tell her dad that we were making good progress on sorting and cleaning out our files and then transferring them into our new, sturdier file cabinets. It was a big, two-day job. Iris was surprisingly helpful. She loved feeding the unneeded papers into the shredder.

Some people have remarked upon her creative spelling. I have been known to mark down lab reports for bad spelling and grammer, even as the students protested that spelling shouldn't matter in a science class. However, those were college students. Iris is 5.5 years old and I will not be correcting her spelling for another couple of years. Right now, I treasure every little note she leaves me.

keywords: Knitting Nature, Norah Gaughan, Swirled Pentagon Pullover, Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.