Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Icelandic Yoke Progress

The work continues, but there is not much more to show. I spread out EZ's Knitter's Almanac, MR's Sweater Design in Plain English, Fall 2003 Interweave Knits with a Norah Gaughan yoke sweater pattern, and Best of Lopi (edited by Norah Gaughan and published in 2003 in a coup of marketing synergy).

I also got out graph paper, colored pencils and wrapped yarn around a large needle to audition colors. Iris misplaced every single calculator in the house so the calculations were done with pencil and paper.

The leaf design violated one of EZ's rules of stranded color knitting. It had more than two colors in a given row. So I abandoned that design and am going to make a geometric pattern. But which geometric pattern and how will I stagger the decreases?


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14:12

    I took care of hiding the decreases in Sparky's yoked sweater by designing in a row of solid color, and did all of my decreases on that row. So, I evenly* distributed the solid color rows throughout the yoke.

    * "evenly" as in, I SWAGged it. I wasn't quite as organized as you are with respect with the design. No paper, pen/pencil, calculator. Just me and my pain killers at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.