Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 2008 Rainfall

I haven't been keeping careful track of the running rainfall total at my house like Breathing Treatment. I often forget to check and empty it out for weeks at a time. Mine is on a stake and sometimes blows over, making the readings lower than the actual rainfall. It is probably not very accurate. However, I emptied 0.5 inches from the rain gauge yesterday morning.

I listed a bunch of useful Los Angeles rainfall statistics links in When is a moderate drought good news? The good news is that the the US Drought Monitor shows our area has been downgraded from moderate drought to abnormally dry. (The map is clickable if you want to see a regional map.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Grace. That's just the information I needed for my blog entry today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.