Monday, May 18, 2015

On the needles

It started out as an Amiga cardigan, but it was going to become too wide by the time the armholes were deep enough for my squarish shoulders.  Half of the full arm depth, I switched to the slower increase rate I learned in a_simmetrie that worked so well in Not Marsala.

I'm using two strands of the olive cotton/rayon/linen slubby coned yarn I used in the Absorbas shown here1 and here2.

Lest my sister call this fabric sleazy (knit with too large holes for the yarn), I want to assure her that I knit and washed a swatch.  The linen fibers will plump up to make a solid fabric. It will also shrink about 10%, which I took into account when I cast on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.