Monday, April 20, 2015

On the needles, another Absorba

Countertop and floor tile samples with bath mat.
We are in the thick of home remodeling in Boulder. I've been busy in the evenings making things in anticipation of moving in in about 6 weeks.  I've posted my many previous variations of Absorba, a garter-stitch bath mat.

The latest incarnation uses yarns that pick up the gray and olive tones in the quartz countertop and porcelain floor tiles I selected for the kitchen and baths.  This bathmat is destined for Iris' bathroom.  Do you think the color combination is too subtle for a teenager?  Her bathroom is also the guest bathroom.

The olive yarn is actually 8 strands (of 2 ply) cotton/rayon/linen blend mill ends on cones from Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins.  I picked up the gray Bernat cotton at Joann's.

It's been a stressful week and I popped into SSS for some TGIF yarn therapy.  Two cones of the olive may have come home with me.  How do you think the rest of the olive yarn would look knit up in Chance of Showers?  Sized for me or for Iris?  Do you know anyone in Boulder who can ply up the yarn for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.