Monday, November 09, 2015

The Harley Quinn hat

I really didn't want to draft a pattern for the helmet-like Harley Quinn hat.  Fortunately, I found Alchymyst's tutorial for a simpler jester hat in Harley Quinn colors.

Behold, my simplified Harley Quinn hat.
I deviated from her pattern by using longer, curved hat legs. But I copied her method of sewing a hat-sized pair of leggings, cutting off the body, and then rotating it 180 degrees for a contrast band. Very simple and effective.

We stuffed the legs with crumpled up plastic produce bags to plump them out.

The hat will come in useful for those crisp mornings that are a little bit too cool to go hatless, but too warm for her fleece hat or her hooded winter parka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.