Tuesday, November 03, 2015

How it begins

Having the right tools makes all the difference.

I watched in fascination while a friend executed perfect needle-turn applique on a Hawaiian-style quilt without thread-basting. I asked how she could manage to keep her working thread from getting caught up in the pins.

She replied, "I'm using short applique pins."

I went out and bought them immediately.  They make all the difference, whether you are hand or machine appliqueing (as I did on this project).

You want these Clover applique pins.  They are expensive, but use those chain store coupons to make them more affordable.  The time you save and the improved results you will achieve are worth the expense of buying good tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.