Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Schulz Museum

I've been meaning to post pictures of our visit to the Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, California last December. If you are in the area, I highly recommend a stop.
The NY Times posted a slide show and an article about the Schulz's Beethoven: Schroeder's Muse show which closes in two weeks. I also enjoyed the replica of Schulz's home office which contains his books and tchochkes. Downstairs, they showed a panel with kids discussing bridge strategy for declarer's play. Upstairs, his office contained books on bridge. The museum volunteer said that Schulz was an avid bridge player.

Do not skip the museum store! There are more exhibits in there. Who knew he wrote a book on style?
Or that he was interested in fashion? Check out this museum exhibit of Snoopy, clothed by the leading couturiers of the day.
Pierre Balmain
Vivienne Westwood
Bill Blass
The show catalog
Parting is such sweet sorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I so loved my dressable Snoopy when I was a child. All the clothes had little cutouts for his tail! It was so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.