Monday, March 12, 2007

Marie Antoinette Movie Costumes

IMG_0731

I posted a Flickr slide show of the pictures I wrote about in Serendipity. Click on the photo above to go to the slide show. Click on Serendipity to learn more about the exhibition.
Serendipitously, we ran across the Los Angeles-Italia Film, Fashion and Art Fest. An Italian designer, Milena Canonero, was up for best costume design for the film, Marie Antoinette. Several dresses were on display and the security guard let me photograph them with the flash turned off.
Milena Canonero won a well-deserved Oscar for this work. The stitchers all deserve a standing ovation. You cannot believe the quality of this work. The seams and all the details were absolutely perfect.

4 comments:

  1. I read your fab post about Norah Gaughan capecho, and took the photo of your perfect pentagon to show on my blog, I'm so sorry I didn't ask your permission before doing it! Now what should I do? Do you want me to refer to you as the source, or should I cancel the photo? I am terribly embarassed about it, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I wanted to use one of your pictures from the Marie Antoinette movie costumes flickr gallery, duly credited, of course. Is that alright with you? I would send you the link and, as I said, it would be credited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alba, you can use one image and you must link back to my Flickr gallery. Explain that there are many more images on the Flickr gallery.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! No problem. Consider it done

      Delete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.