Monday, May 07, 2007

Curlique Ruffle Scarf

M and Iris graciously agreed to model the Curlique Ruffle Scarf.

Pattern: Decidedly Different Scarves by Jennifer Hansen

Yarns: Lion Brand Microspun in ivory (A), Caron Jewel Box in ivory/taupe (B) and Lion Brand Fun Fur in champagne (C)

Needles: 2 29" circulars in size 10 1/2 (6.5 mm)

Alternations: I used smaller needles and cast on ~15 stitches more than the pattern called for. I attached yarn B at the other end and knitted instead of purled that row. (My wrist hurt just thinking about purling such a long row.) Similarly, I attached yarn C at the opposite end and bound off knit-wise with a crochet hook.


Here is the scarf reclining on the desk. See the sweeping curve at the end of the scarf? That new technique alone is worth the price of the pattern. Plus, the patterns come with email support from Jennifer herself. I highly recommend the pattern. It is very clear and well-written. I emailed her only to ask about knitting the Brugmansia scarf in the round.

I lost my knitting mojo for a while. However, we drove to Disneyland last Friday to meet a college friend (freshman chemistry lab!) for dinner. Afterwards, she had to go back to her conference, Iris and Mark went to California Adventure, and I retired to the lodge-like lobby at the Grand Californian Hotel for three hours of knitting and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.