Friday, May 11, 2007

How did she do it?

Remember when I blogged about the Ruth Asawa retrospective? The question on everyone's lips at the exhibit was, "How did she do it?" I speculated but I really don't have a clue.

Wonder no more because her daughter, Aiko Cuneo, will demonstrate the technique at the Japanese American National Museum (JANM) between 2 and 4 pm on May 20, 2007. Grandma Ann of Sitting Knitting and I will be in attendance. Space is limited so call 213.625.0414 to reserve your place. See the JANM events schedule. Read more about the Sculpture of Ruth Asawa exhibit at the JANM.

Aside:
It seems like everyone in LA has a connection to a celebrity, however tenuous. Well, BadMom is not immune. As proof, I offer a picture of Iris sparring in Tae Kwon Do practice with Ruth Asawa's grand-niece. Yes, we are well-connected. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.