Thursday, November 22, 2012

Picky AND Sneaky

My daughter has come up with a new reason not to eat her veggies. She refused to eat tonight's green bean casserole because I did NOT arrange the beans in a vector field.  But I did recently knit a sweater that resembles one.



The video reminded me about my idea for a real-time crowd-sourced global gravitational field mapping app. What a great way to teach geophysics to kids!  Sadly, the accelerometers in iPads and iPods are not accurate or precise enough for that.

Back to the drawing board.  Or, tonight, pecan pie and coffee.  ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It seems any arrangement of green bean casserole could correspond to some vector field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a chip off the old block, for sure. Maybe there is some sort of cosmic revenge at play? I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.