Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jacaranda Season 2008

My favorite neighborhood jacaranda tree.

See also the view from my window and Jacaranda Season to view this tree in 2006 and 2007. If only the one in my front yard looked this good. (The reader that says Jacaranda trees bloom only every other year should be particularly interested in the spectacular blooms of this tree three years in a row.)

If you are in the south bay, drop by Isis between Rosecrans and 135th Street. Just spectacular.

I feel like I cheated because I crossed latitudes and caught the tail end of jacaranda season in New Zealand and then again in Hawaii. Three jacaranda seasons in one calendar year. I am rich.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:22

    That is one of the coolest Jacarandas that I have seen yet! What an explosion of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity - how do you say Jacaranda?

    Here on the Mexican border it's said Hock-a-rhonda (I swear it sounds better than my phonetic looks). But I heard someone from California say Jack-a-randa and I immediately had a vision of a veranda with a jackrabbit on it.

    They definitley bloom every year here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can pronounce it either the spanish or English way. People know what you mean. We are all drunk on the blue/lavender drifts of color this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.