Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crystal Cove

While going through my sister's archives, I found Yummy enough to eat from 2005. I never posted a proper photo of the completed, and much loved sweater.

It's reversible.
The neckline.
The wedges meet in a graceful curve at the hem.
The shoulder and top of the sleeve don't work for me, but high end designers are showing weird peaky shoulders and sleeves this year.
I will definitely made the Crystal Cove Pullover again.

Details
  • Pattern: Crystal Cove Pullover
  • Yarn: 2 skeins Chasing Rainbows hand-dyed silk/merino worsted in green, 1 skein CR plum, 3 skeins Cascade 220 wool (2 purples and 1 green)
  • Needles: Size 7
  • Gauge, about 18 stitches per 4" before wearing. The garter rib stretches downward.
The next time I make the pattern, I would make these changes:
  • Perform decreases at the shoulder so that it follows my natural shoulder shape.
  • Move the double sleeve decreases from the top of the sleeve to the underside. That will get rid of the peakiness.
  • If between sizes, knit the next size down. The garter rib is very stretchy and sags a bit in the wearing. I knit the next size up, and ended up with a sweater that feels two sizes too large.
  • Knit shorter sleeves than you normally wear, to allow for stretching. (The two sleeves, one in 100% Andean wool and one in 50% silk/50% merino wool, stretched unevenly. So you may want to knit 80-90% of the desired length.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.