Saturday, February 13, 2010

Roadside Geology

One day, four (western-sized!) states, in the minivan. And we got up at 7 AM to pack, eat breakfast and tidy up the house (for the housesitter) before heading out. Whew! Bad Dad and I need a vacation after our vacation.

That dry lake bed on the California-Nevada border at I-15? It's a a salt pond today.
Snow-capped peaks outside of Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Arizona section of I-15 may be short, ~30 miles, but it is particularly impressive.  Don't ever believe the tightwads who say that government can do nothing right. 
Utah is not too shabby, either.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought of you when I did the familiar runs. The snow at Brighton was pretty good, and should get better after tonight's snowfall.

    Next up, Alta!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.