Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Sports

There is something special about taking a ski vacation during the winter Olympics. I was worried that we would have to cancel ski week because of my health (like we did last year). Fortunately, I was well enough to go and see my ski bunny progress to the steep blues, even under challenging conditions.

The snow was crusty (by Utah standards), but there was plenty of it.  A bad day of skiing in Utah is still better than most other places.  This is Presidents' day week, prime ski season.  Notice the lack of crowds?
Fresh snow arrived at the end of our trip, but I was too tired by then to ski with the others.  I stayed in the hotel, knitted, and watched Olympic curling on TV.

Who knew that curling could be so exciting?  It's got skill, strategy, kinematics, and the Clausius-Clapeyron equation.  (Actually, just about all winter sports evoke the Clausius-Clapeyron equation.) If Marge Simpson can make the USA curling team, I wonder if I have a shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.