Sunday, October 11, 2015

Mining Water 3: Simplicity 1666

I hope you are not sick of t-shirt refashions because I have more.
When you make stuff from junk, people give you their junk.  I accepted a pile of shirts and fabric graciously from a declutterer.  This salmon pink was so pretty, and looked so great with this paisley rayon jersey, I sewed it up right away.
Does this look like the pattern envelope?
I didn't think so either. But take a look at the designer's own version of Simplicity 1666.
I omitted the zipper because the neck opening is sufficiently large and the knits are sufficiently stretchy.
Made in January 2014 and blogged in October 2015.

Oh, I used an OOP Vogue skirt pattern meant for wovens.

Knit + waist elastic = no zipper

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and flirty! I love the text on the back, completely unexpected and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13:34

    Hilarious surprise on the back. Clever use of materials.
    Vancouver Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, "nothing is sexier than a woman in chest waders." (Actual comment from a man in Boulder. )

      I thought he was an anomaly, but then I worked with a man who fell in love with a woman when she told him that she was going to take a mental health day from work and go fishing. She grew up ocean fishing (Hawaii) and he goes fly fishing. But, he thought that they could work through that.

      Delete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.