Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The trip home

I am never sure whether the drive from Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) or the reverse trip from SFO to LAX is the homeward direction. I am sure that I am lucky to live in either place.

Sailing with my sister, Ann, and her friends on her boat, Matsu.
The view from Grandview Park is indeed, grand.
Moon rise over downtown San Francisco. Can you make out the Transamerica Pyramid?
Another view from the place more people on earth say they want to visit than any other. I never tire of the place.
Iris and her cousin, Waldo the wonder dog, in Ann's backyard.

Thai Silks in Los Gatos (NorCal) gives Oriental Silk Co. in Los Angeles (SoCal) a run for its money. I love them both. I spent so long trying to make up my mind, Ann had time to shop at Uncommon Threads across the street and Iris read an entire book. Ann and I also shopped Artfibers in SF, but I was too overcome by the fibery goodness to remember to whip out the camera.


Much book shopping occurred, at Village Stationers (in Palo Alto), the Great Overland Book Company and especially at Black Oak Books (the SF location). These came home with us. (A few left home with us for on the road reading.)

Iris' haul.
My haul. Love, Loss, and What I Wore by Ilene Beckerman is a gem. If you see it in a bookstore, buy it.
Mark's haul.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm going to regret selling my copy of Asian Noodles? I'm purging books, so if I haven't used them...
    That book has some great recipes, but I mostly read them, not cooked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it mainly for the peanut sauce recipe. I have already used it. I may sell the book later. But we are trying new recipes now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.